domingo, 11 de agosto de 2013

Birthday Cake @ Eaglestone!

This is my first time writing in English to this blog! After 1 year living in Australia I realised that I should start writing in English here! So here I go! :-)
My birthday was approaching and I started to think what to do to celebrate! My first thought was: nature! I need energy! I want to be in the nature, surrounded by trees, rocks, birds, blue sky, sun and... Love, of course! Then we decided to go to Eaglestone for the weekend! Climb, camp and enjoy the place, that is full of good energy!
We went to Eaglestone last year with CAWA, and we loved the place! I was sure that Shane and Raph would love it too, so we invited them to join us in this trip!
We left Perth on Saturday morning, we drove around 4 hours to get there! The day was beautiful, with blue sky and few clouds! As soon as we assembled the tents we walked around to show the place to Shane and Raph and let's climb!

Eaglestone Rock!
Shane was on fire and wanted to climb all routes! Hahaha... He started with the best route, a 17 three stars! I love this route! It is very delicate, with small holds, you need to have balance, oh... It's beautiful! Jorge and I started with the routes in the orange wall (17 and 18). Then we wanted to show Shane the good slab routes! They are the really slab, they are slippery! It's a real fun climb! There are not many pictures, as we all were excited climbing and climbing... Hehehehe...

Shane leading the 17.


Small Head & Big Head

Shane & Raph

Jorge leading the 20.

Raph climbing!
Shane leading the slab...

...and Shane falling!

The view from the top! This year the salt lake is not dry!

Eh nois no cume!
Can you find us 4?!

I love this orange wall!

Shane trying a 22...

And Jorge trying the same 22...
As soon as the sun sets, the cold weather arrives and it's time to prepare the supper (as Shane calls dinner)! Raph made a cheese macaroni with mushrooms and capsicum! I made rice, potato and Jorge made some pork fillets! Everybody was hungry and in few minutes the food was all gone! We stayed around the fire for some time, talking and laughing, the boys did the dishes... We waited the fire to "turn off" and we went to bed!






The night was cold, not much windy, but when we woke up on Sunday, the weather was not good... Lots of grey clouds, and we could see rain coming... But the good thing is that it was my birthday! Yeahhh! Even if with the bad weather it was delicious to camp and wake up in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by good energy and with Jorge and friends! Jorge bought a birthday cake for me:

Yes, I am ugly... I had just woken up!
The tents were wet so we decided to go for a walk while the tents get dry.







After the walk the tents were dry and we packed everything. We were still un doubt about climbing, but then it started to rain, so... Let's go back home! On the way back home we stoped few times to see the Hydrology Model, the Earthquake Ruins and the canola fields! So beautiful!




Where is Shane?!

Happyyyyyyyy!


It was so good to spend my birthday with Jorge, Shane and Raph in this nice place full of peace and energy! Hahaha... Thank you guys! :-)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário